This position performs product audits and part inspection in a variety of different departments and Inspection functions, including Receiving, First Piece, First Article, Plot Inspection, In-process, MRB, CMM, Calibration Inspection, Hardware Assembly and Ink Stamp Inspection, Prototype, and Final Inspection.
- Is able to perform all the various functions in the Quality Department through cross training.
- Performs attribute inspections utilizing basic hand inspection tools or more advanced measurement devices: calipers, micrometers, scales, CMM, etc.
- Identifies defects and assists in tracing to the root cause of the problem.
- Must be knowledgeable of customer’s specifications and their interpretations.
- May determine allowable variations in quality finish.
- May be responsible for stopping production.
- Supports and interprets the Quality System.
- May assist in the training of less experienced Inspectors.
- Responsible to know and enforce all Company and Safety rules and regulations, providing suggestions
for improvement to quality and safety as they are identified.
- Perform Miscellaneous duties as the job requires or as assigned by management.
- Help in other departments as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 or more years experience as a Quality Assurance Inspector in a manufacturing environment required.
- ISO-9000 Implementation
- OSHA Compliance
- MSOP or PSOP 100 through 211 as applicable
- A-INS or D-INS 001 through 5004 as applicable
- Additional Departmental Training as required by Quality Assurance Manager
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills a must.
- Be able to accurately complete all required daily paperwork.
- Must be able to read, understand, and correctly interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrate ability to operate precision measuring instruments.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and follow all instructions given.
- Exhibits advanced working knowledge of manufacturing quality and safety procedures.
- LIFTING: 0-50lbs.
- FREQUENCY: Daily
Inspection of parts in various departments may require the use of proper PPE and Safety Procedures.